• Free of biologically harmful chemicals
• Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
• Very stable under sunlight
• Not chemical based
• Micronized Zinc Oxide – Average particle size >100micron
• Very Water Resistant - Highest level as determined by FDA
• Paraben Free and PABA Free
• Very High Zinc content
• Sunscreen produced in the USA
• New 2011 formulation applies easily and absorbs easily despite having such a high Zinc content. SPF 30+
• First sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care line requirements
• Does not have an obtrusive smell that many organic sunscreens have.
• No chemicals utilized for UV absorption
• A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
• Top Rated on Environmental Working Group database Skin Deep of 1400 sunscreens.
• Purchase of this product guarantees that a minimum of $1.5 million will be donated towards LIVESTRONG's fight against cancer.
At thinkbaby and thinksport, we are continually expanding our mission to provide safe products by identifying consumer product categories with known human health issues. Specifically, we target products that contain high levels of hormone disruptors and carcinogens. We then work with leading scientists worldwide to create safe alternatives.
The majority of sunscreens currently on the market are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens. Simply looking at the ingredients you’ll quickly realize you don’t recognize any of them. Many existing sunscreens have been brought to market with little concern for their safety. Not only do ingredients in sunscreen interact with skin, but data shows after application of lotions, some of the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream. Most people wear sunscreen to reduce the chance of developing cancer, so why apply something that could potentially increase this risk? This question has unfortunately left many people moving away from using sunscreen at all.
How is the thinkbaby and thinksport LIVESTRONG different?
The new sunscreen developed by thinkbaby and thinksport LIVESTRONG sunscreen is highly effective, falls into the highest category for water resistance and has a sensible SPF 30+ rating. A quick look on your local drugstore shelf will show an increasing number of chemical sunscreens boasting ultra-high SPFs of 60 and greater. An SPF higher than SPF 30 offers only minimal improvement in sun protection and does not provide insight into its ability to protect for both UVA and UVB. Instead, these ultra-high SPFs are inflated through the use of chemical UV absorbers.
Additionally, thinkbaby and thinksport LIVESTRONG sunscreens utilize average zinc oxide particles greater than 110nm. Kevin Brodwick, founder of thinkbaby and thinksport, explains why: “We always use the precautionary principle and as we expect the debate on the safety of nano particles to continue, we asked a simple question: Does the product have to contain nano particles to be an effective sunscreen? The answer is, quite simply, ‘no.’ “